Harry Potter 5

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
human.
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: pequenino

Postby human. » Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:11 pm

I just came back from seeing it for a third time, and I noticed that some of the spells were used differently. Impedimenta, Levicorpus, Stupefy and Wingardium Leviosa all seemed like they were getting mixed up with each other. I don't really remember what Impedimenta does, except I had the idea that it knocks the target off their feet. Levicorpus is supposed to hang the target by their feet in the air. Stupefy is the stunning spell. And Wingardium Leviosa is the hover charm. (If I remember all of those correctly.) But in the movie, during a DA meeting, someone (Cho?) was making Nigel hover and yet they said "levicorpus," not wingardium leviosa. And while the kids were in the Department of Mysteries one of them shouts "Levicorpus" and yet the Death Eater is blown away, like how Impedimenta would work. Also, in the Department of Mysteries, Harry yells "Now" and all the kids shout "Stupefy" and again, the effect of Impedimenta is shown. I thought the stunning spell stunned the target, you know, knocked them unconcious. Yet in the Department of Mysteries, and in the Room of Requirement (when Nigel tries to stun Harry), no one is ever unconcious because of the spell.

For some reason I found it hilarious that for breakfast in the Great Hall (the scene where Seamus apologizes) on the table is a box of "Cheeri- OWLS."
"Sometimes life is too uncertain to have regrets." -Goku, DBZ

powerfulcheese04
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Momma Cat

Postby powerfulcheese04 » Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:11 am

They shouldn't know Levicorpus at all!

(1) Harry gets it out of his potion book in HBP.
(2) It is "Dark Magic"
(3) It requires non-verbal spell, which they don't learn 'til HBP.

As to the other spells: WL is the hover charm. Stupefy should knock you unconcious, but I imagine that if you didn't perform it completely perfectly it probably wouldn't. Impedimenta stops you from moving forward (not knock you over. It often knocks people over when they're running forward because they bounce off it. Dumbledore used Impedimenta in POA when Harry fell from his broom during the Hufflepuff game to stop him dying when he hit the ground.)
-Kim

Return to “Milagre Town Square”