The Life of an almost-librarian

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
Seiryu
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Seiryu » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:43 pm

I've read Bone. I've seen the kids I sub for read Bone. I knew of Bone because I used to read Disney Adventures and they had the first chapter in it.

I don't know how people my age don't know about Bone, but I know Elementary age kids know about it.
I don't believe in fairies!
(Dresden's battle cry going against fairies in book 4.)

Darth Petra
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Some call me... Tim

Postby Darth Petra » Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:45 pm

Rereading this thread made me super-angry:
Of course, the one you talked to might know particularly well about the things you asked about because of personal interest... just like I have a tendency to recommend the comic "Bone" to anyone with a tiny interest in the Graphic Novel section.
No one who looks through my graphic novel collection recognizes Bone. I did, before even being into reading comics outside of Foxtrot

Oooh, Bone! I've never met anyone else who's read it. I need to re-read that. I remember really liking it. My brother has a couple of them.....I was addicted for quite a while.
"Death is the only serious preoccupation in life."
- The Count of Monte Cristo

locke
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby locke » Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:26 pm

when I was eleven or twelve I got the disney adventures magazine for a year. I quickly tired of much of the regular parts of the magazine, but they ran a few pages of Bone in just about every issue. it had been going on for a year or so and I was so mad that it stopped being ran in like the ninth issue I got that I didn't renew my subscription. It was years before I found out it was an actual comic. haven't ever read it though. :(
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Olhado_
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Just Another Chris

Postby Olhado_ » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:29 am

Yeah, I read about that. I like our way - we send a collection agency after them if fines are too high and they refuse to pay.
People need to realize they sign a contract when they get a library card.
That does sound like a much more reasonable idea. Of course, then you run across those people who just refuse to pay and do not care if they collect the debt or how it looks on your record.

I am not sure it is not that bad in Canada; but there are quite a few people here and they seem to be growing.
Not
Even
Remotely
Dorky

Professor Frink
-The Simpsions

Return to “Milagre Town Square”