Guilty Pleasures and Irrational Irritations

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: July 1st, 2000

Re: Guilty Pleasures and Irrational Irritations

Postby Luet » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:55 pm

I always say I have a pregnancy nose without the pregnancy. I hate 95% of all smells. One of many sensory issues.
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

buckshot
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Farmer from Hell

Postby buckshot » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:13 pm

But I do love so many smells! Like the first "whiffs" of fall in the mornings , the first puff of diesel smoke out of a well worn John Deere 4020 tractor, the smoky oily caustic blast of AV gas and smoke that belches out of my big radial Prat n Whitney R-985 engines when they wake up n sputter on a September morning, the smell of whatever that stuff Julie washes her hair with and the smell of babies, but not all babies ,and not all of the time.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:35 am

I tend to like detergent, body wash, and shampoo smells. As in, zero is afraid to go down those aisles when we're shopping because I will open everything and sniff at them like an addict.
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

Wind Swept
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Just Another Chris
First Joined: January 22nd, 2003

Postby Wind Swept » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:44 am

Oh, hey. I came here to write a long, dramatic, bullshit Bob post, but this works just as well.

Guilty Pleasure: I have an enormous crush on this woman I met, but instead of risking rejection by asking her out, I'm riding the dopamine high as long as it lasts and using the drive to impress her to make cool s*** and clean out some of my emotional baggage for my own benefit.
"Roland was staring at Tiffany, so nonplussed he was nearly minused."

*Philoticweb.net = Phoebe

starlooker
Commander
Commander
Title: Dr. Mom
First Joined: October 28th, 2002

Postby starlooker » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:37 am

The song "Beth" by KISS. Holy f***. "Beth, what can I do?" You can sack up and tell your buddies you're done for the night. You can act like the needs of your wife are, like, up there with your need to have fun with your buddies. You are an a****** and being an a****** to a pretty tune in a slow song doesn't make you less an a******.

No idea why I'm having such strong opinions about this at six thirty in the morning, but here we are.
There's another home somewhere,
There's another glimpse of sky...
There's another way to lean
into the wind, unafraid.
There's another life out there...

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

buckshot
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Farmer from Hell

Postby buckshot » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:31 pm

Once after having been in the shop everynight nearly all night while on a binge trying to finish one of my nutty projects, when I did come in , Julie had that old Kinks song "where is my mind" qued up on the house sterio, she must have hit the remote when I walked in! Kinda the same thing ! I can be such a dope

EnderBowen
Launchie
Launchie

Postby EnderBowen » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:12 am

Guilty Pleasure: Two of them currently - Marriage Boot Camp:Reality Stars (although since they've changed hosts my wife and I aren't as interested in watching) and Charli XCX.

Irrational Irritation: Leaving the toaster plugged in (we have four cats and who knows...) and turning plurals into possessive's...
Have a Blessed Day!
Ender Bowen

Indietronica artist. Husband. Father. Dreamer. Blogger. Success is not a bad word, it's the best one.

LilBee91
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: AK Hermione
First Joined: January 10th, 2005

Postby LilBee91 » Thu May 18, 2017 8:53 pm

I just skipped through to watch all of the best parts of North and South. Seriously my greatest guilty pleasure...

Return to “Milagre Town Square”