Search found 943 matches

by anonshadow
Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:31 am
Forum: Milagre Town Square
Topic: Dear Diary/Journal/Bob 3.0
Replies: 4607
Views: 622275

Dear Bob,

No elephant today. My roommate and I gave a hearty cheer. A bit of an elephant two days ago, though--oh, well.
by anonshadow
Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:38 pm
Forum: Milagre Town Square
Topic: Cheating...
Replies: 90
Views: 17787

The concept of "dream cheating" is just ridiculous. You can't really control what you think about. You aren't guilty of murder if you kill someone in a dream, are you? There are just some things that push the concept of cheating way out there. It being cheating because you had a dream abou...
by anonshadow
Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:39 pm
Forum: Milagre Town Square
Topic: Cheating...
Replies: 90
Views: 17787

I think that cheating is interacting on a sexual level with someone else without your partner's permission. Viewing porn isn't interaction, but it's something that they may prefer you not do, and while I don't think that watching porn is cheating, that doesn't necessarily make it okay.
by anonshadow
Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:24 am
Forum: Milagre Town Square
Topic: The addictions thread
Replies: 40
Views: 10742

One of my closest friends at school.

I'm not even entirely joking. I never seem to tire of his company. It's very silly of me.
by anonshadow
Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:47 am
Forum: Milagre Town Square
Topic: Dear Diary/Journal/Bob 3.0
Replies: 4607
Views: 622275

This I know. I'm mostly just laughing at myself.
by anonshadow
Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:26 am
Forum: Milagre Town Square
Topic: Dear Diary/Journal/Bob 3.0
Replies: 4607
Views: 622275

Dear Bob, Lately, it seems that my ridiculousness has no bounds. First I decide to double major in biophysics and psych. (Which is obviously insane.) Then I decide that I might add philosophy as a third major, and also that writing a paper contrasting Stoicism and Eugenics is a perfectly acceptable ...
by anonshadow
Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:31 am
Forum: Milagre Town Square
Topic: Dear You 2.0
Replies: 2604
Views: 424465

Dear you, If I wasn't so concerned about your getting sleep, I would probably be calling you, and making you come to my common room and hold me while I cried, because I'm so stressed out right now. I'm not because you're a silly boy who has gotten seven hours of sleep in the last five days and I lik...
by anonshadow
Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:10 am
Forum: Milagre Town Square
Topic: White people are inherently smarter than blacks?
Replies: 61
Views: 14126

Separate but equal doesn't happen, and it doesn't work. There's too much racism left in the world--the schools would get s*** funding, especially since it seems like the group that they would intend to motivate would be students who are currently unmotivated by school. Most of those in that group ar...
by anonshadow
Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:50 am
Forum: Milagre Town Square
Topic: 1:59:58...1:59:59...1:00:00
Replies: 18
Views: 4369

DST means that when my friends finally left last night, it was just after 4 rather than just after 5. That can only be good, considering that we're going to need to do a s***** of schoolwork later.
by anonshadow
Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:54 am
Forum: Milagre Town Square
Topic: Halloween!
Replies: 97
Views: 17329

A character from a mutual favorite book who might as well be the battle personified.
by anonshadow
Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:54 pm
Forum: Milagre Town Square
Topic: Halloween!
Replies: 97
Views: 17329

I know I already said this, but I just can't get over the coolness of my friend being Ragnarok. It kind of makes me want to make a shrine to him or something, because, like, I'm sorry, that just wins.
by anonshadow
Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:12 pm
Forum: Milagre Town Square
Topic: White people are inherently smarter than blacks?
Replies: 61
Views: 14126

Syphon the Sun wrote:
... but I've barely been around since you joined. Or are you someone else too?


bc_hornet ... We've had a good many arguments over the years.


Oh. Okay. That makes slightly more sense.
by anonshadow
Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:11 pm
Forum: Milagre Town Square
Topic: White people are inherently smarter than blacks?
Replies: 61
Views: 14126

My comment wasn't outrage so much as indifference. I mean, honestly, what would be the point? Our humanity is predicated on acting above our instincts and biological imperatives. Our laws are founded on the principle that all humans are equal. Policies wouldn't change because of it. It's a big, fat...
by anonshadow
Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:25 pm
Forum: Milagre Town Square
Topic: White people are inherently smarter than blacks?
Replies: 61
Views: 14126

... but I've barely been around since you joined. Or are you someone else too?

At any rate, I was just making the point, because I didn't feel like you emphasized it enough. That's it, and I'm really not in the mood to bicker and argue about who killed who.
by anonshadow
Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:35 pm
Forum: Milagre Town Square
Topic: Halloween!
Replies: 97
Views: 17329

All three, all three!
by anonshadow
Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:36 pm
Forum: Milagre Town Square
Topic: White people are inherently smarter than blacks?
Replies: 61
Views: 14126

I care about the science more than anything. I just haven't paid attention to the thread until now. The problem that I'm seeing, from a scientific standpoint, is that a lot of black people in the US, at least, are considered black because they're not white. I've known a good number of people who had...
by anonshadow
Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:16 pm
Forum: Milagre Town Square
Topic: Halloween!
Replies: 97
Views: 17329

I have a friend dressing up as Sirius Black, and a friend dressing up as Ragnorak. There are other friends dressing up, but those win the most.

I'm going to be Drusilla from Buffy.
by anonshadow
Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:48 am
Forum: Milagre Town Square
Topic: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows SPOILER Thread
Replies: 197
Views: 55002

It was relevant. It makes a lot more sense that Dumbledore would shy away from going after someone he was in love with than that Dumbledore shied away because of an old friendship.
by anonshadow
Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:31 am
Forum: Milagre Town Square
Topic: Dear You 2.0
Replies: 2604
Views: 424465

Dear you,

Stop hiding in stairwells from me.

Me
by anonshadow
Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:22 pm
Forum: Milagre Town Square
Topic: What would you say?
Replies: 21
Views: 5650

Eddie Pinz wrote:
anonshadow wrote:I like untangling threads more than I like preventing knots at all.


I like that quote. And I may steal it from you.


Thank you. :)
by anonshadow
Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:09 pm
Forum: Milagre Town Square
Topic: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows SPOILER Thread
Replies: 197
Views: 55002

Agreed. Dean's background isn't related to the plot, and nobody's complaining about her telling us what happened to his father. Likewise, no one is bitching about learning that Hermione is a lawyer.
by anonshadow
Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:55 pm
Forum: Milagre Town Square
Topic: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows SPOILER Thread
Replies: 197
Views: 55002

I know people who've said that this makes his relationship with Harry seem squicky and weird. This confuses me. Dumbledore is gay. That doesn't make him a pedophile. It also doesn't make him attracted to Harry. Hermione is straight, and there was nothing sexual about it when she and Harry were all a...
by anonshadow
Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:36 pm
Forum: Milagre Town Square
Topic: What would you say?
Replies: 21
Views: 5650

I would tell the five year old me that it's complicated, but that by and large, I'm comfortable with who I am and have accepted where I've been, and that if I was someone else I would want to be my friend. I suppose that counts for something. I would not warn five year old me about one damned thing....
by anonshadow
Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:10 pm
Forum: Milagre Town Square
Topic: Pro what?
Replies: 81
Views: 21737

I am pro-lifechoices If you are wanting a kid then don't use two forms of birth control. If you don't want the kid then use two kinds of birth control. Failing that, take a 'morning after pill'. I think that if you are unintentionally pregnant then it is your penance for being negligent and you sho...
by anonshadow
Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:28 pm
Forum: Milagre Town Square
Topic: PARITY!
Replies: 27
Views: 5435

Then I've won it with you. That was my first thought, too. I was even starting to be kind of ashamed at Ali, who I expected better than that from.
by anonshadow
Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:55 pm
Forum: Milagre Town Square
Topic: Bras provide support, I don't.
Replies: 50
Views: 9847

eriador wrote:I'm not saying it's the only reason, but when they signed up, they agreed to kill people. I don't support that.


The National Guard didn't, eriador. That's not what the National Guard is for.
by anonshadow
Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:49 am
Forum: Milagre Town Square
Topic: Bras provide support, I don't.
Replies: 50
Views: 9847

Luet wrote:
anonshadow wrote:For all intensive purposes


Sorry to go OT, but I always thought the phrase was "for all intents and purposes", am I wrong?


You're right. I was sleepy, and sometimes mistype like that when I am. *edits*
by anonshadow
Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:34 am
Forum: Milagre Town Square
Topic: Bras provide support, I don't.
Replies: 50
Views: 9847

eriador, you have no idea what the soldiers in Iraq can or can't do, and whether they can point at Vietnam on a map. You're assuming they can't and have absolutely no reason to support that claim. Beyond that-- If someone invades the US, it would be such poetic justice if you were the first person t...
by anonshadow
Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:29 am
Forum: Milagre Town Square
Topic: PWEB Portraits 2.0
Replies: 1590
Views: 262903

Moreover it's respectful, to the performers and your fellow audience memebrs. Exactly. I would kinda feel silly if I was dressed down for something like that. The performers can't see you, and I doubt that they would care. If one is performing on Broadway nearly every day, I can't see one getting a...
by anonshadow
Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:24 pm
Forum: Milagre Town Square
Topic: Fundies!
Replies: 76
Views: 25627

Yeah that one.
by anonshadow
Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:38 pm
Forum: Milagre Town Square
Topic: Fundies!
Replies: 76
Views: 25627

If you accept that an opinion is valid you cannot hold a contradictory opinion, because they can't BOTH be valid. You can accept that I believe x, but you can't accept x if you believe in a contradictory y. Um. Sure. Except for all the parts where that's totally not the case. You need to look up th...
by anonshadow
Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:31 pm
Forum: Milagre Town Square
Topic: Bras provide support, I don't.
Replies: 50
Views: 9847

When they came home, it was to a country where the majority hated them. This statement has some truth to it, but really the majority didn't hate them, the majority hated WHAT THEY HAD DONE. For all intents and purposes, it's the same thing. And what they'd done was get drafted, go, and not get kill...
by anonshadow
Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:25 pm
Forum: Milagre Town Square
Topic: Bras provide support, I don't.
Replies: 50
Views: 9847

Of course there are people who are pushed into the military. However, that's an entirely different problem that's only tangentially related to the one we're talking about here. That's all about economics and elitism. It isn't an entirely different problem. It is a different problem, but that the tw...
by anonshadow
Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:32 am
Forum: Milagre Town Square
Topic: PWEB Portraits 2.0
Replies: 1590
Views: 262903

See, I'm the sort of person who likes going to Broadway in an old tank top I've written on and old jeans I haven't washed in a week, and stand next to the people who are all nice and dressed up and kind of sneer at them deep down for a little while.

Does that make me a bad person?

... probably.
by anonshadow
Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:11 am
Forum: Milagre Town Square
Topic: PWEB Portraits 2.0
Replies: 1590
Views: 262903

I tend to dislike men in suits. In fact, I tend to dislike men in formal wear. In fact, I tend to dislike anyone in formal wear. Thanks, I prefer ratty jeans and old tshirts. :P

Go to advanced search